This project is read-only.

Express Edition

May 26, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Hello,

I just tried to run the installation, but I got a window saying that I need MRDS 2008 Express Edition to run it.

I actually have MRDS 2008 R2 (academic edition) and MRDS 2008 R3 installed, both of these editions are newer than MRDS 2008 Express Edition.

can you help me install your project on my PC? or can I have an installation file that can override this requirement?

please let me know I appreciate your help.

best regards, Gerardo

May 27, 2010 at 8:35 PM
Edited May 27, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Hello Gerado,

I have publised the updated version which will support Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio 2008 R3. I have been running this build on my own machines now for a week and not had any problems but if you have any more please let me know im keen to help out. This is mainly a research project, while it does have the functional ability to drive my roomba around the house im curious what you intending to use it for if you don't mind lettitng me know as i may be able to help.

Andrew.

May 27, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Hello Andrew,

my expectation is to get a better understanding of what a NN can really do.. I am currently working on my bachelor graduation project, so I am learning about NN, Genetic almorithms.. etc.. in order to develop my own project. (possibly traffic coordination.. possibly mission assignment for a robot.. still to be defined.. )

I was finally able to install Mesopotamia, but on the configurations page, nothing moved.. nothing changed even after changing some scenarios.

so I closed it.. hoping to get back to you about it but Mesopotamia kept coming back (launching the project) even without my permission so I had to uninstall it.

any ideas? I appreciate your help..

Gerardo

May 29, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Hello Gerado,

Sounds like your bach grad project should be interesting, I know the reopening bug that is due to the microsoft engine not responding some times which can happen on shutdown  and the application misinterprets it as a microsft engine crash and tries to restart iteslf which is why it keeps coming back up, it has a delay so see if the engine recovers. This is a bug i have been meaning to fix so i will sort that out over the next week, as for nothing moving etc i will have to see if i can reproduce that on my machine. On startup try survival of the fittest or clean my house, the gensis scenario is still one in development so you may not see any movement in that one but the others should work.

If you go to Options->Hide external window and untick that you should see the simulation environment in 3d in the microsoft robotics simulation, im planning to move it from the boxed landscape its in at the moment to a some of the apartments modelled in the new robotics engine over the next few weeks so that should be more realistic NNets produced.

Let me know how you go.

Andrew.